Slimming World, Senior PR Officer
Slimming World is the UK’s leading weight management organisation, helping members lose weight in our 18,000 groups around the UK every week.
The company has experienced consistent growth of approximately 20% per year for the past five years, taking the brand to a clear leadership position in the UK and Ireland.
We’re looking for a full time in-house Senior PR Officer who is experienced at leading innovative, creative and integrated PR campaigns to join our award-winning PR team.
You’ll report to the PR Manager and take the lead within the team on building relationships within the regional, national and international health media, raising awareness and understanding of our research programme and expertise, and enhancing our reputation through the execution of first-class campaigns.
Our successful applicant will:
- Promote Slimming World’s scientific research and expertise to a range of stakeholders, including journalists, health professionals and our 900,000-strong membership, and have an ability to bring the findings to life for these groups;
- Maintain great working relationships with a range of health journalists, and have lots of ideas to help Slimming World reach publications and penetrate audiences that it hasn’t previously;
- Lead integrated organisation-wide campaigns and deliver powerful results – both in relation to media coverage and true behaviour change;
- Work hard to communicate and protect our reputation as an organisation that cares passionately about people’s health and happiness to a range of influential stakeholders;
- Provide thorough media briefing and support to all company spokespeople to enable them to deliver brand and campaign key messages when called upon for comment;
- Think globally when it comes to telling Slimming World’s story and possess a desire to spread the word as far and wide as possible;
- Relish the challenge of setting and achieving goals and managing their own workload;
- Communicate warmly and confidently to a wide range of stakeholders, including the media, the general public and Slimming World members and Consultants;
- Feel as confident communicating complex science and health messaging to a consumer audience as when talking to academics and health journalists;
- Thrive on creative problem-solving, and working collaboratively as part of a team;
- Be able to work quickly and accurately and handle the challenges of working in a busy press office.
As an organised and strong communicator, you’ll already have a proven track record of successfully leading integrated campaigns and bring strong media contacts to the role.
With a background in health or science PR or journalism, you would be experienced in the promotion of scientific research and working with academics to communicate their work.
A recognised PR qualification and/or professional membership of an association such as the CIPR or PRCA is desirable, as is an understanding of Slimming World and how we help people to achieve long-term behavioural change.
Enthusiasm, friendliness, a sense of fun and a sharp eye for a story are key qualities for anyone joining this established and successful PR team.
Please click 'Apply' to apply via our careers website with your full CV and covering letter, telling us why you’d like to be considered for the role, your current salary and notice period.
Slimming World is proud to be an Investor in People with a current Gold standard IIP accreditation.