MandateWire Europe, Reporter - Italian Speaking
With over 170 subscribing investment management firms MandateWire is a successful subscription business covering the investment activities of institutional investors in Europe, North America and Asia.
A team of reporters based in London is responsible for covering specific regions and investors for the European service, with each team member sourcing information on the investment activities of institutional investors (predominantly pension funds, charities and insurers) within their specific territory.
This vacancy is for someone to cover institutional investor activity mainly in Italy and the UK, as well as in France and would suit a recent graduate looking to break into journalism.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Your primary responsibility will be to conduct interviews with representatives of pension funds, charities, insurers and other institutional investors that are based mainly in Italy, the United Kingdom and also in France. Interviews are conducted predominantly on the telephone and occasionally at conferences.
- Based on these interviews and other research (including annual reports etc) you will be responsible for writing original news stories in English about the investment activities of these investors, including mandate tenders, hiring and firing of asset managers, strategic asset allocation shifts, investment managers used and consultants engaged etc.
- Inputting this information to a central internal contacts database and producing a set number of mandate opportunity stories for inclusion in the daily emails.
- Maintaining and adding to the list of investor contacts
- The role will also involve producing broader editorial content for a monthly and quarterly analysis of industry trends
- Must have an excellent and professional telephone manner. The role involves speaking with senior institutional investment decision makers and the ability to create a rapport with these contacts is essential.
- Ability to speak Italian and French.
- Superb organisational skills to manage time effectively, scheduling calls, inputting data and meeting the daily, monthly and quarterly deadlines.
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data and identify relevant material.
- Good level of computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and excel are a must.
- Basic knowledge of financial terms. Most of what you need to know is learnt on the job, but some knowledge of technical terms and basics of how investments work would be an advantage
- Experience interviewing sophisticated senior executives
- Well-organised and able to prioritise workload effectively
- Polite and confident telephone manner
- Detail oriented
- Calm under pressure
- Eye for detail - both for writing accurate stories and sifting through large amounts of data in annual reports
- Must be able to multi-task
- Team worker
Click 'Apply' now.