GlobalCapital, Emerging Markets Bonds Reporter
GlobalCapital, the capital markets newspaper, is looking for an experienced reporter to cover bonds in the emerging markets.
The successful candidate will provide the full range of editorial content, mostly written, for both the daily online and weekly print editions of the newspaper covering the EM bonds market, where they will also be an ambassador for the organisation.
- Write GlobalCapital’s coverage of EM bonds, identifying the most important deals, themes, people moves and other industry news and providing the most engaging and accurate analysis possible to provide readers with a unique take on the markets.
- Contribute to the full range of the newspaper’s coverage – from hard news, to analysis, to opinion, to features, and data – in the house style and to tight deadlines, to maintain GlobalCapital’s distinctive editorial voice and its reputation as a reliable and indispensable part of working in capital markets.
- Build a broad number of deep relationships with key people in the capital markets and become part of the daily fabric of that market to ensure the newspaper understands its subject and its readers better than any of its rivals and has as many sources for stories as possible.
- Be the voice of the EM bond market within the paper, pitching story ideas, championing special report ideas and providing insight and a source of collaboration for the rest of the editorial team to make sure GlobalCapital is at the forefront of the newest trends and ideas in capital markets.
- Provide cover for other reporters where appropriate to both develop skills and allow the most consistent coverage. They will be the de facto section editor on Mondays and Fridays so they will need to have, or develop quickly, the ability to make editorial decisions.
- Represent the newspaper at industry events to provide coverage, build contacts and to enhance GlobalCapital’s reputation as part of the fabric of the markets it covers.
The reporter will report to the emerging markets editor and the editor.
Works with senior journalists and/or the editor to produce market coverage. Although section editors and editor guide the overall direction of coverage and have final say over what is covered, the reporter is expected to have their own ideas and, indeed, their own workload.
Has strong relationships with key people in and around their market to provide the sharpest and most insightful coverage. That means having the ability to call people in the market directly rather than having to rely upon press teams and other such gatekeepers.
Works with their section editor, the editor, and the marketing and production teams to make sure their coverage reaches the biggest possible audience, presented in the best way achievable.
Candidate Profile / Requirements
- A demonstrable interest in and aptitude for both the capital markets and financial journalism.
- Experience of financial journalism or of work in the financial markets is expected.
- Attention to detail and impeccable standards of accuracy and organisation.
- Ability to work under own direction when required. This is not a job that will suit people who need constant supervision.
- Ability to forge relationships with senior people in financial markets.
- Willingness to travel abroad and work outside of regular hours when required.
- An undergraduate degree.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Click 'Apply' now.