South China Morning Post, Reporter / Multimedia Producer - Racing (Hong Kong)
- Generating live content for award-winning HK Racing website and other SCMP platforms
- Producing multimedia packages and driving social media engagement
- Story telling and editing, serving both digital and print operations
- Keen ability to get to the heart of a story quickly and clearly, highlighting the stakes for a global audience
- Ensuring all stories have accurate and eye-catching visual elements, content is distributed and consumed on different devices and platforms (mobile, social media, news aggregators)
- Minimum 4 years of experience in horse racing in a real-time online news operation, wire service or a newspaper.
- Awareness of media law and legal dangers, and of social media as a news dissemination tool. Audience-focused with excellent understanding of international markets
- Strong familiarity with horse racing in Hong Kong/China/Asia and other regions
- Ability to work closely with multimedia and video teams; ability to edit and adapt copy to suit various products and platforms
- Can-do attitude with excellent English skills and zero tolerance for grammatical errors, spelling and improper story structure
- Solid news judgment and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Chinese-language skills an advantage
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office, Hong Kong.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy/.
You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.