Financial News, Writer - FN NOW (London)
4 days left
- Full Time
Financial News is looking for a highly-driven journalist to join its fast-paced news desk.
Working as part of a four-strong team at the heart of a busy newsroom, the successful candidate will help deliver all the relevant news for FN’s core audience (the financial services sector in London) with a focus on both speed and accuracy.
They will commission, edit and write FN news items and instant analysis; contribute to other potential digital projects such as blogs and pop-up sites; and help with the day-to-day management of the website. Seeking out opportunities to write and produce content for other parts of FN will also be encouraged.
The successful candidate will have experience producing quick and error-free news stories with flair. They will also be able to demonstrate an understanding of FN’s core subject matter and audience; excellent news judgment; and a willingness to work as a team and cover for other reporters/editors where required.
- Assists the FN Now Editor in all aspects of the role
- Also writes FN Now news items, news with some instant analysis
- Edits copy from FN Now. Occasionally helps out editing other copy.
- Writes FN Now news items covering all the relevant news for FN’s core audience (finance sector, London) with a focus on both speed and accuracy
- Share responsibility for writing the FN Now daily press digest.
- Writes for other potential FN digital projects such as blogs, pop-up sites
- Seeks out opportunities to write/produce content for other parts of FN.
- Participates in weekend/holiday coverage rota as appropriate
Key skills required
- Experience writing quick and error free news stories.
- Demonstrates excellent news judgment
- Ability to write with flare and creative authority.
- Excellent understanding of FN core subject matter and audience.
- Ability to quickly edit and publish other Reporters stories.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work as a team and cover for other reporters/editors where required.
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).