Dow Jones, Corporate Communications Intern (London)
Dow Jones brings together world-leading data, media, membership and intelligence solutions to power the most ambitious companies and professionals.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Dow Jones DNA; Factiva; and Dow Jones Risk & Compliance.
The Corporate Communications team in London is seeking someone interested in pursuing a career in corporate communications to join us as a summer intern.
An average day will see you researching a daily media intelligence briefing for our leadership team, managing a live TV interview from our studio, pitching to trade media about Dow Jones’s Professional Information Business, or supporting on internal communications.
What we need from you?
- You must be in either your second or third year of university studying a relevant degree discipline
- Being great at writing is essential
- Demonstrable corporate public relations or journalism experience
- Previous relevant internship or part-time work experience is a plus
- Avid reader of all types of news, ranging from foreign affairs to business and technology (you’ll be spending a lot of the day consuming news)
- Proactive nature with a real "can do" attitude and ability to adapt in a fast changing environment
- Tech savvy: basic Wordpress, Google Docs, Excel, Twitter skills
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
How can I apply? - If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation, please click 'Apply' to submit your CV AND covering letter.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).