The Glossary, Editorial & Digital Assistant / Writer
The Glossary is currently seeking an editorial assistant and digital writer to work on the print publication and soon to launch website.
This position includes a mix of journalistic and administrative responsibilities, such as assisting the editorial team with tasks that include writing news stories and online content and compiling ‘best of’ lists, to calling in images and credits in addition to dealing with client requests and day-to-day admin duties.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a passion for all aspects of print and online publishing, from research and writing to assisting on shoots and calling in images. Highly organised and brimming with enthusiasm, they will be happy to roll their sleeves up and take on any task required by the editorial, digital and art teams with a can-do attitude. Journalism experience is required.
- Writing regular features and news stories for The Glossary magazine and website
- Creating images for online features using Photoshop
- Supporting the editorial director, art director and digital editor with all ad-hoc tasks when required
- Helping to create the weekly newsletter with ideas and copy
- Sourcing images and credits across all sections
- Researching features and contributing ideas
- Assisting on shoots
- Providing administrative support to the editorial team
- Attending events out of hours when required
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent writing skills and editing capability
- A sharp eye for detail and a strong creative flair
- Previous experience of working on a women’s glossy magazine/luxury lifestyle publication and website
- Keen, demonstrable interest across all areas of luxury lifestyle including: fashion, beauty, travel, interiors, design, food & drink, arts & culture
- An understanding of the luxury market
- Ability to work independently and to deadline
- A confident and professional manner
- Extremely organised and able to manage high-volume of tasks efficiently
- Natural problem-solver
- Good understanding of on-page SEO, keyword strategy, and the ability to both put this into practice
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign preferred
- Previous experience of a CMS extremely advantageous
- Proactive approach to identify new content and feature opportunities appropriate for our readers
- Willingness to go above and beyond the role to ensure targets are met whilst driving the brand forward
Apply by completing the application form below.