Financial News, Investment Banking Correspondent (London)
Financial News, the leading publication for the banking and investment industries in the City of London, is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic journalist to cover investment banking.
Successful candidates will be confident in writing market-leading content on the world's biggest banks. This is a great opportunity for a journalist to break news on some of the largest and most high-profile institutions in the City of London, as well as write in-depth, compelling features for our audience.
The right person will be expected to develop relationships with some of the most senior investment bankers in London, and break the biggest stories that matter to those both in and outside of the industry.
When you join Financial News, you become part of Dow Jones, one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. We deliver newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television - including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands such as Barron's, MarketWatch and the Wall Street Journal.
- Responsible for producing feature-length stories each week on the investment banking beat.
- Strongly reported stories that are agenda-setting, highly visual, and data-rich.
- Develop a deep network of sources.
- Write and produces the investment banking newsletter where needed.
- Engage with a broader audience through social media.
- Seeks out opportunities to write/produce content for other parts of FN including the People section where relevant.
- Writes short pieces for the FN online news desk where relevant.
- Help produce content for projects team where relevant.
- Participate in weekend/holiday coverage rota as appropriate
Key Skills Required
- Capable of conceiving and reporting out original, in-depth stories, including scoops of fact and insight.
- Produce fast, clean, compelling and accurate first drafts
- Experience of developing a broad network of well-placed sources
- Demonstrate understanding of digital journalism concepts and digital storytelling techniques.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the beat.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work as a team and cover for other reporters/editors where required.
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).