The position involves the preparation, layout, operation and maintenance of
printing presses and related equipment.
- Setting and maintaining a balance of ink and water, registration of printing, operating ABB ink setting controls, and operating press folders, as well as handling, preparing and loading paper on the press, preparation of pasters, preparing the reel room report, and related duties.
Position is responsible for:
- Quality control during a press run, including following the directives of the Foreman, Operations Manager or Production Manager, and the cleanup and maintenance of printing units and folders.
- During a press run, must constantly check reproduction to see if it is clear, registered, and that the ink is properly set within a specified density range.
- It is the responsibility of each Press Sub Operator/Journeyman/Journeywoman to minimize white waste, printed waste, and press downtime attributed to paster breaks, running breaks, and other mechanical or operational failures.
- Must work together as a team to produce consistent quality of reproduction, to meet dispatch schedules, and to maintain an efficient and cost effective operation.
- Assisting with training for Trainees and press/mail assistants.
- Knowledge of how to load reels, how to make pasters, operate reels, lead sheets, put in angle bar sheets, set up angle bars, comp units, line up margins, line up sections, plate up press, set ink, throw units in and out of contact with drive shaft(s), set rollers, change rollers, change blankets, reset ink keys, set up folder (reset trolleys, guide rollers, former boards, nips folding rollers, delivery pan and belts), replace pins, cutting rubbers, and knife boxes in folder, throwing folder in and out of contact with driveshaft and overloadclutch, switching from straight to collect mode, changing slitters, adjusting slittersand slitter rings, and general maintenance of printing press, folder and reels.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PRINT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com