The Sun, Night Production Editor - Online
Reports to: Digital Night Editor
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
Purpose of role:
Our night team is a pivotal part of our operation, tasked with preparing and publishing newspaper content while maintaining the live publishing operation to the same high standard as throughout the day. We need a talented, committed production journalist to become a key member of this team.
- Assisting the night editor in publishing thesun.co.uk throughout the night at the same standard as the daytime operation
- Stepping up to the role of deputy night editor across the rota and for holiday cover as required
- Helping to manage the building of paper content, following instruction from Digital Editor and Digital Night Editor and using initiative to decide how presentation can fully maximise traffic
- Briefing team which stories to build and how to present, ensuring they are done as quickly as possible and then checking and polishing
- Writing and editing live stories as required
- Using analytics to make editing decisions
- Fully aware of legal issues and the IPSO Code of Conduct
Key Skills and Experience:
- Digital production experience on a national title
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the The Sun brand, both print and digital
- Flexibility to work shift patterns across 7 days
Apply by completing the application form below.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website.