The Walt Disney Company, Communications Manager - 12 Month FTC
We are seeking an experienced Communications Manager to join our UK team on a 12 month fixed term basis.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for delivering communications for Disney Channels, allocated franchises and strategic initiatives in the UK.
They will be expected to manage day to day implementation of campaigns in the UK (and EMEA where applicable e.g. franchises), and priority press office activity.
The Communications Manager will also act as a key point of contact for Communications on projects, working with the Senior Managers across the PR team to build creative plans, which support the business goals, generate digital conversations and deliver traditional coverage.
Media and Influencers
- Maintain excellent contacts with the media and constantly seek out new opportunities to grow network
- Deliver publicity across a range of media including nationals, consumer, broadcast and digital
- Help define media strategy around specific campaigns and initiatives to deliver the best possible results
- Create compelling media materials to help drive coverage across a range of traditional and digital media
- Identity and manage relationships with influencers to reach key target audiences and deliver our campaign messages through co-created content
PR Events & Campaign Delivery
- Oversee the day to day implementation of campaigns to support Disney initiatives utilising the team and agencies, encouraging creative and innovative approaches
- Champion digital communications and content creation, working closely with Social Media, Digital Marketing and partner agencies
- Work with the events team to maximise events, press conferences and talent tours in the media
- Present relevant campaign plans to key stakeholders to ensure all activity is leveraged across the wide business e.g. windowing PR assets with Marketing, Franchise, Social Media, Internal Comms etc.
- Pre-empt potential problem areas and flag concerns to line managers with appropriate solutions
- Supervise the creation of assets and help to localise global assets
- Write and ensure the appropriate distribution of press releases, review and approve the work of more junior colleagues
- Maintain and manage effective campaign budgets
- Coordinate day to day activities of a number of third party agencies including PR, Digital etc., and challenge them to deliver the best results
- Mentor, coach and (where appropriate) manage colleagues in the team on project delivery
- Day to day management of the UK Comms Supervisor
- Ensure quality control of all media materials
- Ensure work is effectively delegated across the team and flag any pressure points on specific campaigns or potential issues
- Nurture and give team guidance when necessary and give clear, concise briefs
- Drive evaluation process on key campaigns and ensure learnings are shared with the team
- Inspire colleagues and encourage creativity by coordinating talks with speakers, sharing examples of best communications practice and seeking innovative experiences for the team to attend
- Develop relationships with and ensure the appropriate flow of information between different channels in the business (e.g. Marketing, Programming, Digital etc.)
- Build relationships with the role’s network of teams across the company to best understand priorities, to ensure all press opportunities are maximised across campaigns, and assertively provide well-considered recommendations from a Comms perspective
- Drive press coverage and social conversations to help grow franchises and proactively seek out new opportunities
- Ensure stakeholders are kept up to date with key Disney UK coverage, potential issues and relevant industry stories. Maintain external awareness of the market by managing a broad range of external press contacts and by monitoring media for competitor activity and potential opportunities for the Disney organisation
- Represent Disney with external industry bodies as required
- Be the first port of call for information on allocated projects
- Represent the Communications team in inter-department meetings
- Champion all activity from an internal communications perspective to maximise potential across the business
Suitable candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
- Graduate level education preferred with significant relevant industry and professional experience (minimum 5 years)
- Able to run a campaign from end to end (plan, develop & deliver) and to understand the impact the campaign will have on the business
- Deep media knowledge across a range of markets and an ability to apply this expertise to the production of media plans
- A track-record of developing creative campaigns across different media and an ability to generate ideas and PR opportunities
- Capable of working at senior levels within the Disney organisation
- Able to manage talent in a professional and appropriate manner
- A proven track record of team management including coaching, mentoring and motivating
- Able to manage external agencies and able to draft agency briefs and select preferred partners
- Good commercial awareness and budget management skills
- Good understanding of the legal framework as it applies to the sector
- Good understanding of the Disney brand
- Good understanding of the digital landscape including creating contagious content, influencer management and social media evaluation
Right to Work
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK.
Apply by completing the application form below.