Freelance Video Journalist - Shooter / Editor / Graphics, The Wall Street Journal - NY
4 days left
- Full Time
Do you want to make super creative, fun and informative videos about technology? Ones that experiment with different shooting and editing techniques? Want to push the bounds of what video looks like on the internet?
The Wall Street Journal video department is seeking a highly creative and technically savvy video journalist to join our team in New York to work on some of our most high-profile pieces.
- A strong interest in technology journalism, product reviews and new video technologies.
- The ability to tell stories and translate scripts in creative ways, using high-quality video, motion graphics and a wide range of editing techniques.
- Should be a versatile and skilled videographer who is confident shooting in a variety of environments—everything from the studio to underwater shooting to virtual reality video capture. Hey, why not underwater VR? Experience with vertical video a plus. Preference given to those proficient with Sony FS7, FS5 and A7S cameras.
- Must have strong editing skills and mastery of the Adobe suite, with a high level of expertise in Premiere and After Effects.
- Must be a self-starting idea generator, and your clips should demonstrate vision and versatility. Should have flexible working hours and proven experience meeting tight deadlines in high-pressure situations.
Click 'Apply' now. Applications should include a resume, cover letter and links to at least three pieces you have shot and/or edited yourself. Please include a description of the role you played in each production. No reels, please.
This is a three-month contract position.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).