FitPro, Editorial Assistant - 12 Month Contract
Got a way with words? We’re recruiting an editorial assistant with exceptional writing, researching and interviewing skills to join our creative team working for a world leader in professional fitness development.
We’re looking for someone passionate about crafting good copy, with tons of ideas and great attention to detail. You don’t have to be a fitness fanatic but, given we live, breathe and write about fitness, gyms and sports, a genuine interest in the subject will stand you in good stead.
You’ve probably got a journalism qualification in the bag, alongside a portfolio of print and online articles, news stories and press releases from a variety of consumer and b2b titles. Meeting deadlines is hardwired into your DNA and you’ve the ability to develop content and strategies for social networking.
The editorial assistant is responsible for copy production across a range of print and online publications. You’ll be writing, editing, proofing, subbing and uploading copy and images to keep our editorial presence fresh, creative and relevant. You’ll be as confident interviewing a high-profile athlete as you would be transcribing a FitPro member’s story.
The postholder will demonstrate a passion and flair for the written word. This may be through a qualification (a degree in English, for example), through work experience (as a journalist, for example) or through a strong portfolio of personal work.
Duties/areas of responsibility
- Research, write and commission features for online and print publication and websites
- Sub-edit any pre-supplied copy
- Undertake a variety of editorial duties
- Write and edit blogs for the FitPro websites
- Create and upload social media posts according to the schedule and strategy (primary platforms: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram)
- Ensure all online copy is optimised for search engines while maintaining an engaging written style
- Proofread and edit documents for spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax; make revisions and corrections and/or recommend adjustments to text
- Writing copy for a range of audiences (online, social media and print)
- Impeccable editorial skills
- A flair for writing with a strong, practical understanding of what works online
- Skilled at writing a variety of article types, ranging from news releases to full-length features
- Demonstrates a structured and methodical way of working, with the ability to cope with competing demands, effectively prioritise tasks and meet copy deadlines under pressure
- Creative with a strong fund of ideas, initiative, energy and vision
- Strong communication skills and a good team player
- Experience or knowledge of the sport and fitness industry, or a willingness to learn
- Proficient HTML skills and basic image processing using Photoshop
- A good working knowledge of social media and the ability to drive engagement, understanding of SEO and Facebook for business
- Proficient proofreader with excellent attention to grammar, spelling and syntax
- Sound working knowledge of WordPress blogging platform
The position represents a 12 month fixed term employment contract to cover a period of maternity leave.
Please note: part time (3 days per week/pro rata) is an option for the right person.
HOW TO APPLY:
If this sounds like you and you like the sound of us, send us a covering letter, your CV and two examples of your published work to Darren Orton, HR Manager, by completing the application form below.