Insider Publishing, Junior Sub-Editor
Insider Publishing is seeking a highly literate and numerate individual to join its editorial team in London as a junior sub-editor.
The successful candidate will join a busy and successful team and gain the chance to develop subbing and production skills across a range of online and print titles, research products, email newsletters and special supplements emanating from five publications.
They will work as the junior member of a four-strong production desk and receive training from senior colleagues.
The successful candidate will
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Be IT literate. Experience of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator would be beneficial
- Be willing to conduct picture research and develop other art work
- Work accurately at speed
- Be reliable and focused
- Have a sound knowledge of current affairs. An interest in business and finance would be desirable
After an initial training period they will help ensure the production desk hits deadlines for the various publications and that individual news stories for the Insider Publishing websites are published in a timely manner.
They will also contribute to maintaining harmonious and cooperative relations between the editors/reporters and the production desk and be willing to take direction from editors, as well as production desk colleagues, about what should be prioritised when, house style and content.
They should be comfortable juggling a busy workload and conflicting priorities.
Insider Publishing comprises flagship title The Insurance Insider, Trading Risk, Inside Fac and quarterly magazine IQ. Sister publication Reactions completes the Euromoney Insurance Group.
The Insurance Insider is a hard-hitting and fiercely independent news magazine based in London and New York that consistently breaks major news in its sector ahead of its competitors and the mainstream financial press, while providing intelligent analysis and insightful opinion to senior leaders in the industry.
The Insurance Insider:
- Is an award-winning title that is globally recognised as the leading title in the sector
- Will have 15 dedicated journalists and analyst following planned recruitment in the autumn
- Has grown subscription revenues 30% in the last year
- Publishes online news, analysis and content online, via email and as PDFs
- Is part of publishing house Euromoney, a London-listed company in the FTSE 250
Apply by completing the application form below.