Field Service News, Deputy Editor
You can spend a few years working for a major publisher, learning little slowly but getting a big name on your CV just doing the same old, same old...
Or you could work for a hungry, independent publisher punching way above their weight and build your experience and skill set a heck of a lot faster and either grow as we do or give us a couple of years and walk away way ahead of your peers.
Field Service News didn't exist a few years ago. Now we are the world's leading authority in the field service management sector and we are looking for a new deputy editor.
Joining a small but dedicated team and working directly alongside with the Editor in Chief the Deputy Editor will be responsible for playing a major role in ensuring we continue our upward trajectory which has been based upon one simple maxim - if we put out excellent content our audience will love, our subscriber base will continue to grow and that will make our sponsors happy!
The Deputy Editor will be responsible for curating our news stream, contributing regular high-end features and managing our wide list of contributors content across both our online and offline platforms.
The role will also include hosting live events such as roundtables and panel debates at our partner events as well as rich media so you must be confident in front of a crowd/microphone/camera.
You will need to be a team player - our editorial, sales and marketing teams all work hand in hand to endure we always walk the delicate line between connecting our sponsors and our readers interests.
The field service sector is a fairly niche world so whilst of course, an understanding of the industry is beneficial it is not essential. However, a background in reporting in enterprise technology, customer service and/or business strategy would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will, of course, be responsible for ensuring that all copy is accurate, entertaining and produced to the highest standards in FSN's familiar authoritative style. As such, you’ll need to have perfect spelling and grammar, an excellent eye for detail and the ability to cross-check information from a variety of sources.
The role is home based but you will be expected to travel regularly both nationally and internationally.
Desired skills and experience:
- A proven track record editing a section of a B2B print or online title
- Superb editing and writing skills, and an eye for detail
- Excellent communication, organisational and teamwork skills, plus an ability to multi-task
- Understanding of the market position, tone and values of Field Service News
- Detailed knowledge of customer service/enterprise technology/business strategy
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Premiere Pro
- SEO, keyword and basic analytics skills preferable
- Willingness to work outside the 9-to-5 when necessary, either to get the magazine to press or to represent the brand at events
- Hungry to succeed
- Capable of working from a home based environment
Apply by completing the application form below.