Muddy Stilettos, Hampshire Editor
The award-winning online magazine Muddy Stilettos is looking for a brilliant journalist/writer to edit the Hampshire region of the site.
Muddy Stilettos is the UK's only influencer network that talks directly to smart, fun-loving, urbane AB women living outside London. Under one brand with a single editor-in-chief, Muddy Stilettos is a network of national journalists across 19 counties helping affluent, hard-to-reach readers make more of their precious time.
We are now looking for a dynamic, experienced editor to aggressively drive readership in Hampshire. This is an incredible opportunity to join an ambitious company, and also experience the best of what Hampshire offers.
The ideal candidate is a warm, witty, insightful writer with an eye for a clickable story and an innate understanding of who the Muddy reader is, and what she wants to read. A weakness for eating out, staying in smart hotels, going to the theatre and taking the kids for new experiences is essential!
- You will have an ongoing working relationship with the Founder and Editor of Muddy Stilettos, who will work with you on perfecting your content, style and tone of voice for the Muddy reader.
- You will work closely with the commercial team to develop income via the core ‘Muddy’ channels.
- Writing and editing Muddy Hampshire, posting features regularly and gaining and growing a high readership
- Working with Muddy Stilettos’ Editor-in-Chief and regional commercial team member to maximise commercial opportunities in the county
- Researching and curating content pieces as necessary
- Building/nurturing your readership on twitter/FB/IG/Pinterest
- Producing compelling email newsletters for Muddy Hampshire subscribers
- Regularly checking out new shops, theatre shows, events and restaurants (a car is a necessity)
- Representing the Muddy Stilettos brand in the region
- Urbane, cosmopolitan with great taste
- Charming and fun – you can get along with everyone
- Motivated and organised
- Positive, energetic and enthusiastic
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- A team player
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Brilliant writing - accessible, witty, down-to-earth
- An understanding of how PRs, magazines, sponsorship and advertising work
- Journalists, PRs and writers are all ideal candidates – national experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of Wordpress is ideal, as is a good grasp of how the main social networks work but this can be taught to the right candidate
- Experience of living in a large city would be useful
Please apply here to the Editor, Muddy Stilettos by sending your CV and examples of your work, by completing the application form below.