The Sun, Digital Tech & Science Reporter - Online
Reports to: Digital Tech and Science Editor
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
Our hugely successful SEO team sits at the core of our publishing operation and is constantly evolving, driving search traffic, growing new audiences, and building engagement and loyalty with our readers.
Purpose of role:
We are looking for a technology and science reporter to write for our growing team.
Applications are welcome from experts as well as experienced news reporters who want to specialise.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to cover everything from the launch of an iPhone to the ongoing search for extraterrestrial life, whilst finding agenda-leading exclusives.
- Ability to write brilliant headlines in the famous Sun style and produce sparkling copy at speed.
- Expert knowledge of social media and a good understanding of SEO.
- A passion for bringing tech and science to a mass audience.
- Understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital
- Being a self-starter is key - and you will need to thrive under the pressure of a busy newsroom.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations.
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern.
Apply by completing the application form below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website.