The Sun, Digital Reporters / Story Builders - Online Night Team, Casual Shifts
Our aim is to source and produce unmissable News content for The Sun's digital platforms. To identify those stories and pictures which will do well for The Sun audience, to write and publish those stories and to get as many readers for those stories as possible.
We are looking for journalists who can source and produce stories for The Sun's digital platforms in a fast-moving environment. The successful applicant will be a quick thinker and will be able to work on and sell "Sun" digital stories.
- Turn around copy and content quickly and accurately - mindful of IPSO and legal issues
- Identify stories and subjects which will drive traffic and develop the
- Being able to turn around stories quickly, working as part of a team and able to contribute across a range of subjects
- Keeping line managers informed on changes that arise as stories develop
- Work with video desk and picture desk to maximum effect
- Show initiative to get important stories turned around quickly
- Have an instinct for how to 'sell' a digital story to get maximum impact on The Sun's platforms and also on social media
- Be able to write in a concise and entertaining way in keeping with The Sun style but free from cliché
- Understand how to recirculate readers within The Sun and keep them engaged with our content
- Be able to work as part of a team in a constantly adapting working environment that is always striving to find the new way of telling News stories
- Exposure on a national newspaper, agency or senior experience on a quality daily local paper desirable
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
- Keen attention to detail and meticulous fact-checking
- Able to suggest new angles to news/features desks
- Must have and maintain a wide knowledge of current affairs, trends and showbiz
- Recognising and acting upon any potential legal issues and acting in accordance with the PCC Code of
- Self-starter that has a nose for a story and a determination to succeed
Apply by completing the application form below.
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK acknowledges our responsibilities when handling your personal data as part of our recruitment processes to ensure it is respected, valued and protected. For further information on how we collect and process your data and your rights please review our Candidate Privacy Notice on the News UK Careers website.