Which.co.uk, Technology & Home Editor
We are looking for a bright, creative and experienced content editor to join the Which.co.uk and Which? editorial team in central London.
What will you do?
Conceptualize, commission and edit reviews, investigative features and news stories for Which.co.uk and Which? magazine about home and technology products and services.
You will be as comfortable editing one of our award-winning investigations as you are helping our researchers translate complex product testing data into accessible jargon-free product reviews.
Reporting into the Head of Content Strategy, and working day-to-day with a large team of editors and expert researchers, this content editor role will also be responsible for:
- Using website analytics data, from platforms such as Google Analytics, to monitor the performance of your content and commission improvements.
- Training and inspiring our team of writer/researchers to produce great content.
- Contributing to our overall content strategy, to help sculpt how Which? covers emerging and existing issues.
- Helping to commission the original research that underpins all our expert content, from product lab tests to customer surveys.
- Ensuring our free-to-view website content is of the highest possible quality and acts as a first rate shop window to our subscriber-only content.
- Collaborating across the business to create better customer experiences, promote our content and raise brand awareness.
What is on offer?
A highly competitive salary + market leading benefits including 28 days annual leave, an interest-free season ticket loan, life assurance, and a pension scheme that increases to 11% after you’ve been here for a year.
You’ll also get the chance to develop your career. And you can work every day knowing that you’re playing your part in making consumers as powerful as the organisations they deal with. The opportunity to travel up to 4 times per annum is also available for the right individual.
Which? is the largest independent consumer organisation in the UK. Besides offering expert reviews and advice on almost everything under the sun, our campaigns have driven some of the biggest positive changes for consumers over the past 60 years.
With independence and impartiality at the heart of everything we do, all the profits made from our business go towards the work that we do campaigning on behalf of all consumers. We believe our unique position and clear values give our customers the fairest way to get the advice they need across all areas of their lives.
From uncovering the best TVs and laptops to warning consumers away from unsafe cars, and smoke alarms, Which? has been testing and reviewing the latest products since 1957.
But there’s more to Which? Than just product reviews. As the most trusted voice in consumer products and services our award-winning investigations go undercover to publish on the companies letting customers down.
We’re also unique. With no advertising, freebies or bias, we are completely independent. Our impartial reviews of everything from supermarkets to broadband companies ensures readers get an honest opinion and impartial recommendations about the services they use.
Are you looking for a role where you can really make your mark and add value? Are you looking for a role where new ideas are embraced and hard work is rewarded? We want to hear from you!
Ideally you will have:
- Proven track record of digital content success and growing website traffic, underpinned by knowledge of CMS and web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics.
- Strong grasp of SEO principles.
- Proven editing and commissioning experience across online and print, preferably focused on consumer technology and reviews.
- An ambitious, creative and confident individual.
- Excellent writing, subbing and editing skills.
- A passion for uncovering consumer detriment and working to improve consumers’ experiences of choosing, buying and using everyday products and services.
- A willingness to work across a diverse range of content topics, from washing-up liquid to radios!
- Previous experience as a editor, deputy editor, features or section editor on a major magazine or website.
- Experience of content marketing and/or working with a subscription-based website.
- Proven expertise working with social and video content.
Click 'Apply' and attach your CV a short covering note and an example of some recently published work.