Johnston Press, Data Analyst - Audience (London, Leeds or Edinburgh)
Do you have a passion for building audiences around great content, spotting what works and what does not and working with journalists to improve what we do every day?
We have hundreds of journalists who are experts in creating writing and producing great journalism every day.
We are looking for a data analyst who can help to guide them to make that content successful, point them in the direction of what is working, what is not, and where to find even more content to build their audiences.
You could play a part in successfully growing the number of people who come to our digital platforms looking for information, inspiration and entertainment.
How: Working with some of the biggest brands in the media, The i newspaper, The Yorkshire Post, The Scotsman, to name just a few, you would join the Johnston Press team in identifying key growth areas, feeding back on how content is being consumed and support and collaborate with our digital editorial teams.
Reporting to the Head of Content Development, you will:
- Lead analytics on JP newsbrands to develop an in-depth understanding of user behaviour
- Identify content areas that can reach a new audience and drive increased traffic volumes
- Be the key point of contact for Editorial and Product teams wanting insight into performance
- Develop and operate reporting dashboards and custom reports
- Monitor site activity against traffic forecasts and manage communications around performance
- Experience in an analytical role at a digital business, preferably content based.
- Extensive knowledge of advanced web analytics solutions, with experience in Google Analytics and Google Data Studio a plus
- Experience with making technical changes to a website either via tag management solutions or working with a development team
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to drive decision-making.
- Interest in News and Digital publishing
- Inquisitive by nature and driven by the need to find answers to difficult questions
- A team player
- A champion for our business - learning, following and instilling best practice wherever you go
- A passion and commitment to serve our audiences and an understanding that great content drives our digital growth
- Enjoy working in and contributing to a constantly evolving environment and have a clear understanding that no two days, weeks, months or years will be the same. Change will be part of your job.
- Encourage innovation and constant improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
Click 'Apply' now.