Compass Group, Communications Officer - UK & Ireland
We’re the people behind the food, hospitality and support services that power your day, make you smile and put a spring in your step. Just one of the reasons why we’re the UK and Ireland’s number one catering and support services provider.
Reporting to the PR & Media Manager, this role will form part of the busy communications team that delivers a communications programme across a range of internal and external channels for Compass Group UK & Ireland and its sectors.
Role and responsibilities
- Deliver proactive, external communications in line with the business’ objectives, including writing press releases, features, opinion pieces and securing interviews.
- Help manage a busy, reactive press office including taking calls from journalists via the media line and responding to emails.
- Support the team to deliver effective media issues management, to protect the reputation of the business and that of its sectors and clients.
- Run the social media channels of Compass UK & Ireland including developing content, monitoring posts and being the go to person for proactive and reactive handling of social media posts and comments.
- Manage the Compass Group UK & Ireland website, including writing engaging copy, delivering exciting content, managing enquiries and dealing with our hosting provider.
- Support the business’ internal communications activities including content advice and development for our internal social media channels including Workplace.
- Be available to be part of the team rota for out of office hours enquiries from journalists.
The successful candidate will
- Have two to three years’ experience working in a busy communications team either agency side or in a large, public sector or private organisation.
- Be comfortable handling multiple issues, requiring close liaison both with the media and internal stakeholders.
- Be comfortable working across different social media channels and be interested in the trends that shape content and collaboration on these channels.
- Be comfortable working under pressure, handling multiple tasks and prioritising as needed.
- Have excellent written and verbal skills with high standards of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Be a self-starter, highly organised and comfortable working both autonomously and within teams.
- Be a person who enjoys collaborating with colleagues and have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders.
Click 'Apply' now.