VP of Media Partnerships
3 days left
- Full Time
VP Media Partnerships, Dow Jones
The relationship between media companies and Silicon Valley has never been more critical. Meantime, Chinese tech giants are increasing their global reach. The role of VP Media Partnerships is to build valuable relationships with companies in Silicon Valley and abroad, including Google, Facebook, Amazon and Apple, and Tencent, Alibaba, Baidu and Huawei. This will involve looking at how tech partners can help expand Dow Jones's audiences and revenues, while also exploring how we can work together to create groundbreaking products. Dow Jones is a diversified media business, and the VP of Media Partnerships will be expected to work collaboratively with leaders at brands including The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, MarketWatch, the new DNA platform and the Innovation unit - as well as other businesses within News Corp.
What are my accountabilities?
- Primary responsibility is to establish high-level relationships with tech companies, primarily in China but also in the U.S., and help Dow Jones navigate the risks and opportunities with these firms.
- Contribute to company growth strategies with a particular focus on supporting our membership strategy for our key brands, including The Wall Street Journal.
- Act as primary day-to-day business contact for partners - keeping them informed of key changes at Dow Jones, and feeding back to Dow Jones vital innovations and intelligence.
- Negotiate agreements with key stakeholders across product, editorial, legal, technology, innovation, subscription and advertising teams, working in a matrix structure, where collaboration is critical.
- Identify new distribution channels for our content.
The right candidate will have a combination of the following skills:
- At least three years of working at a content company - media, music, TV or film.
- A keen interest in the latest consumer technologies and their impact on media.
- Experience studying or working in China.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, working at all levels of organizations.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, particularly with data.
- The ability to work collaboratively across departments including customer group, editorial, marketing, advertising, technology, innovation.
- Influencer with a proven ability to get things done, and drive projects to conclusion.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PARTNER DEV
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com