PinkNews, SEO Reporter - Freelance Specialist
PinkNews is the world’s largest publisher of content relating to sexuality and gender. We are seeking an experienced and talented SEO reporter to join our editorial team full-time for three months in a freelance capacity.
Using your deft reporting experience and SEO knowledge, you will be responsible for pitching and writing SEO content for PinkNews with a view of growing our audience reach. You will be our in-house SEO go-to expert, supporting our team to ensure all content is optimised.
You will share our vision for explaining sexuality and gender issues, from the most serious to the most entertaining. We are dedicated to achieving global equality for LGBT+ people by engaging our community and our allies through our editorial.
No two days are the same at PinkNews, the small, hardworking team delivers breaking news and quality journalism across all platforms and for a truly global audience.
- Working closely with the News Editor to devise and implement a strategy for must-read SEO content that grows our search engine rankings and traffic
- Writing informative, high quality, SEO-friendly content relevant to the PinkNews audience
- Be PinkNews point of contact for reporters requesting SEO improvement for their articles
- Work with reporters to ensure all articles contain relevant keywords to target on daily articles
- Ensure all articles and pages are correctly tagged
- Monitor trends and coordinate with reporters to ensure trends are being picked up by editorial
- Ensuring editorial standards and house style are adhered to at all times
- A self-starter that can work independently
- Solid knowledge of SEO best practices and what works for the digital audience
- A keen sense and passion for LGBT+ issues and what our readers want to read about
- Be adept at producing clean, accurate copy to tight deadlines
- A passion for news, politics and entertainment
- The ability to gather and analyse SEO and social media data to generate and publish well-written optimised content
- Ability to maintain a robust workload that may include juggling various assignments
- Belief in equality for all
Skills and experience
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification
- Sound knowledge of media law
- Experience with content management systems, video publishing platforms and data tools
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Photo editing, graphics and video editing experience is desired but not essential
Apply by completing the application form below with your CV and cover letter detailing your experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
**Please no recruitment agencies**