NHS Confederation, Communications & Publishing Manager
Are you looking to advance your career in communications? Want to be part of a dynamic communications department at a leading health organisation?
We are looking for a Communications & Publishing Manager to create, commission, edit and manage content for the NHS Confederation’s digital, publishing and brand management activities, spanning our website and high-profile publications.
The post holder will be an excellent writer who is responsible for providing our members with relevant, engaging content in a range of formats including blogs, website content, briefings and weekly email newsletters.
We would like to hear from you if:
- You are an excellent writer who is capable of writing for different audiences.
- You have strong experience of working in a busy, deadline-focussed and flexible communications department or newsroom.
- You can act as an editor for key corporate publications, developing our corporate house style and overseeing website content.
- You have a background in comms or journalism with experience of writing and editing for both print and web.
- You have the ability to express complex ideas in plain English.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- You know how to manage projects from start to finish and can adapt a plan at short notice.
- You have excellent understanding of social media.
- You have experience of managing editorial projects, ideally in a policy environment.
- You are keen to manage a small editorial and publishing team consisting of one direct report (management experience desirable but not essential).
- You are excited by the prospect of helping our members improve patient care and transform services.
This is a great opportunity to use your communications skill set whilst making a difference to the nation’s healthcare. The NHS Confederation offers flexible working, and a generous leave allowance of 30 days (up to four days to be used for Christmas closure).
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Head of Communications Dan Keel on 020 7799 8637.
To apply for this post please send your CV and cover letter by completing the application form below.
Closing date: 26 September.
Interviews: 17 & 18 October