MailOnline, Social Media Assistant
MailOnline, the world’s largest English-language newspaper website with over 220 million unique monthly visitors globally, is looking for a talented Assistant Social Media Editor to join the London team.
- Assist UK Social Media Editor in editing MailOnline social feeds
- Cover live events and breaking news on social media and emerging platforms
- Work closely with reporters and editors from various desks around the newsroom on social media projects and best practices
- Disseminate knowledge of social media, crowdsourcing and reader engagement techniques in the newsroom
- Monitor daily social media analytics to gauge success of social media efforts and initiatives
- Assist Social Media Editor with coordination of and social interaction during live events
- Monitor the competitive landscape, identify trends in social media and news consumption
- Prior experience working with social platforms and crowdsourcing or experience managing social media platforms for a digital media publication
- Proficiency in Adobe Premier Pro is desirable
- Demonstrable digital production skills, including an ability to work comfortably within content management systems
- Ability to gather and analyse social media data and analytics
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, etc.)
The above list is not exhaustive and constantly evolving, based on the needs of the business. Out of hours availability and a high level of adaptability are essential.
Apply by completing the application form below.