Video Director - Custom Studios, Dow Jones Newswires - NY
The award winning Dow Jones' in-house Studio unit, is a fast-growing team of energetic writers, content and creative strategists, videographers, designers, photo editors and developers.
The work spans a variety of forms -- short- and long-form reported articles, immersive digital experiences, documentary videos, data visualizations, animations and more. This is an on-site (NYC) full-time position.
The Dow Jones stable of brands includes: The Wall Street Journal, WSJ. Magazine, MarketWatch, Barron's, Mansion Global, Moneyish, and more.
- The Video Director will be expected to oversee and create beautiful and effective content and experiences that spark imaginations and influence the most influential audiences around the world.
- This role oversees several video resources at different levels as well as collaborates with the studio's production partners to deliver award winning content
- You'll help brainstorm, build and execute innovative multi-platform native and branded experiences across Dow Jones' paid post environments and other platforms.
- In this position, you will be combining your video content expertise with Dow Jones' compelling media and collaborating with business stakeholders, editors, designers, producers and developers to define the user interface of these executions.
- You will be tasked with helping brands discover their story and leveraging the multimedia storytelling power of Dow Jones to create compelling custom content that informs, entertains and engages.
- You will lead the team responsible for creative development of all types of projects in pre- and post-sale for clients.
- Be highly skilled guiding the development of beautiful, original, and creative branded experiences from concept to implementation.
- Ability to work well in collaborative environment with other designers, writers, developers and producers and production partners.
- Have a strong visual sensibility.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with Client Services/Sales/Strategy and the Solution Engine leadership team, as well as other stakeholders to express cross-platform programs and experiences for clients.
- Be confident and not afraid to contribute innovative ideas to shape effective experiences across all platforms.
- Be able to articulate your vision.
- 10+ years of marketing / advertising / video experience.
- Self starter--Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Eagerness to produce powerful campaigns and be part of a bigger team.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Strong strategic, conceptual skills and a good knowledge of the digital landscape.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in video editing/motion graphics/interactive design ability.
- Understanding of cross video editing suites
- Strong portfolio showing previous visual and interaction design work.
- Staying abreast of the evolving technology and design landscape including the emergence of new standards and devices.
- Responsible for successfully selling programs from concept to delivery
- Must work with production team and project management team when working with third party vendors
- Must successfully manage and grow team skill sets
- Must be track and allocate resource hours towards projects from concept to delivery
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).