Official Charts Company, Content & Brand Assistant - 1 Year FTC
Details of the role
The Content and Brand Assistant is based in London, as part of the Official Charts brand team, reporting jointly to the Editor and Senior Brand & Digital Manager.
The purpose of the role is to assist as well as actively execute editorial and marketing plans to deliver growth of OfficialCharts.com and its contribution to the wider business of the Official Charts Company.
- News sourcing and writing, general website copy, artist interviews, competitions, galleries, videos, polls
- Weekly maintenance of consumer-facing chart archive
- Image/pack shot sourcing and editing, including distribution via Rex
- Labels and PRs e.g attending/reporting on live events, networking drinks, with the aim of unlocking editorial and marketing opportunities
- Assisting development of the website’s audience and web traffic growth
- Work with Senior Brand & Digital Manager to suggest and assist with the implementation of promotional partnerships to help raise website profile
- Keep abreast of new technology and how it could be used to help us meet brand and editorial objectives.
- Researching, learning and feeding new creative skills/digital tools into the team to develop the range, efficiency and effectiveness of content we can produce
- Creation and marketing of video content, including shooting, editing and distribution of such content.
- Support the growth and community management of the Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube channels, creating bespoke social content to engage and build follower numbers
- Continuously research and make suggestions to the Editor and Senior Brand & Digital Manager on development and implementation of relevant new social media tools, platforms and tactics as they emerge
Brand marketing / PR
- Assist with coordinating the Official Charts Company’s ongoing PR activity.
- Assist with handling incoming media enquiries and servicing media partners and outlets with Official Charts stories and supporting information
- Suggest PR ideas to raise profile of the Official Charts and OfficialCharts.com
- Help develop and promote new brand and digital developments e.g streaming playlists, new site functionality, new charts
- Generating content for Official Charts’ digital services, including jukeboxes.
Where to send applications
Please send a CV, cover letter and tell us about the first single or album you fell in love with in 250 words, by completing the application form below.