The River Group, Chief Sub-Editor - Healthy Magazine, Maternity Contract
The River Group is an award winning content marketing agency with a staff who have worked on some of the most prestigious, well-known and well-respected titles in the industry.
In this age of content spam, we create content that works to deliver measurable ROI for brands. Engaging, authentic, inspiring, aspirational, beautifully shot, laugh-out-loud, tearful, serious, informative, personalised, head-turning and thumb-stopping.
With 24 years of content creation experience, we are experts in the art of storytelling, the craft of editing and the profession of publishing; skilled exponents of the opportunities offered by an ever-changing digital and technological age.
We’re based in a bright, airy, open planned office near Marble Arch tube, over the road from Hyde Park. We have our own private garden, which is amazing over summer!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Healthy, the UK’s top-selling wellbeing magazine, and Healthy For Men are packed with the latest expert health, self, natural beauty, food and fitness stories – everything you need to live a healthier life. We are currently looking for a Chief Sub-Editor (maternity contract) to work across Healthy, Healthy For Men, and the Holland & Barrett account.
- Managing the sub-editing team and booking freelancers where needed.
- Drawing up flat plans for Healthy and Healthy For Men.
- Overseeing copy flow between the departments and organising schedules for Healthy and Healthy For Men.
- Subbing and signing off final layouts and the printer’s proof internally for both magazines, working closely with the Production Manager.
- Providing gold-standard scientific back up for any health, nutrition and wellbeing claims made in features.
- Handling client sign-offs on proofs.
- Internally liaising with the promotions team on competitions and offers.
- Writing advertorials.
- Setting and maintaining Healthy and Healthy For Men’s house style and working closely with the Publishing Manager to ensure both magazines adhere to brand guidelines and client values.
- Scheduling in extra projects and proofreading advertising materials on an ad-hoc basis.
- Ideally someone with previous experience as a Chief Sub-editor, Production Editor or Deputy Chief Sub-editor.
- Experience working across health, beauty, lifestyle titles.
- Experience working for a consumer media owner or content marketing agency.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject.
- A highly organised individual.
- Bright, personable and intelligent.
- 25 days holiday.
- Summer and Christmas parties.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Travelcard loan.
- Cycle to work scheme.
If you’d like to learn more about this role then please click 'Apply' now.