Condé Nast International, Global Commissioning Editor
Condé Nast International (CNI) publishes Vogue, Wired, Ars Technica, Vanity Fair, Glamour, GQ and many other leading brands. We operate in China, Japan, Taiwan, India, Russia, Italy, France, Spain, Germany, UK and Mexico.
We are looking for a senior Global Commissioning Editor to join a new team in London.
The successful candidate will:
- Have extensive experience as an editor (either print or online), working in a field like fashion, business news, global culture, luxury or retail.
- Be comfortable writing about business as you are about style.
- Have a global viewpoint. With contacts around the world, you’re as interested in Chinese supply chains as you are in the Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode.
By now, you’re really wondering what we’re up to. We can’t say much, but we’re launching new businesses within Condé Nast International that will deepen our relationship with Vogue's influential and ever more connected audience.
To support the project, we are building a multi-national editorial team and are seeking an exceptional Global Commissioning Editor to support our London office.
The role demands top-notch editing, writing, analytical and organisational skills, and an ability to build relationships both internally and with external sources including executives, designers and publicists.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Bring creativity to planning how we cover key events across different digital platforms, including social and e-mail
- Assist production on multiple fast-moving digital channels
- Ensure all published copy is risk averse and has been legally proofed
- Edit stories to ensure they are accurate, concise, and capture the Vogue voice and point-of-view
- Work closely with the Editor-in-Chief to conceive, commission and edit features, opinion and data-driven stories, including but not limited to: agenda-setting exclusives and analyses; deep dives on fashion, retail and industry trends; profiles of emerging and established designers, executives and other industry players
- Build a network of global freelancers and trendspotters, commissioning new writers in key markets including China, Japan, Europe, the Middle East, SE Asia and West Africa
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Experience working overseas is advantageous
- Fluency in a second language is highly desirable
- A level head when faced with new challenges
- A collaborative working style
- Ability to deliver excellently written copy within tight deadlines
- A network of industry contacts in multiple markets and the ability to develop new sources in multiple areas of the business
- Knowledge of the fashion, beauty, retail and/or luxury industries
- An ideas generator, eager to uncover original stories and angles
- Solid editing and reporting background
Click 'Apply' now.