Berkshire Life, Editor
A rare opportunity has arisen for an Editor to work on our leading local lifestyle magazine Berkshire Life.
Each month Berkshire life is packed with features about this dynamic part of England – from people and places to homes and interiors and food and drink.
As Editor of the title you will have sole responsibility for content, covers, commissioned copy, flat planning, and making the right commercial decisions for the magazine and its readers.
As Editor of Berkshire Life you will get to work from home, managing all aspects of this stylish lifestyle magazine, meet and interview fantastic people, create great features and attend events throughout the county.
The role calls for strong organisational skills and an appreciation of the benefits of clear planning and strong communication skills, with both internal and external teams. You will have a passion for Berkshire, with strong writing skills and an appreciation of what appeals to our target audience.
YOU WILL HAVE
- Proven editorial experience
- A background in magazines or lifestyle pages on a newspaper
- A strong visual sense with the ability to create strong covers
- Great commercial awareness
- Experience in writing features and commissioning copy
- Strong networking skills
SALARY, BONUS & BENEFITS
- Basic salary of up to £26,400 + £4,800 car allowance
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give As You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Ongoing training and personal performance reviews
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs – content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning ‘New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history – just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
A few facts about us:
- We operate over 140 news, lifestyle and special-interest brands throughout Britain.
- Every member of our company receives ongoing development from in-house trainers, complete with interactive online learning. Over 20 modules to choose from keeps you at the top of your game.
- There’s always something new. Hive, our in-house social media, allows you to find new friends with shared interests and have your say on all things Archant. Come join our ‘Archanteers’ and help organise some rip-roaring team nights out!
- Archant’s state-of-the-art print centre team have won numerous awards for their service levels and green credentials. As well as our own newspapers, we print over 40 other publications for brands including The Racing Post, Classic Car Weekly and Oxfam. Our giant presses can print 22 full newspapers per second!
- Dialogue is our content marketing agency, producing gorgeous magazines for clients including Bentley, Center Parcs, Royal Ascot and Harley Davidson.
- We stage over 100 must-attend events per year. From intimate and interactive digital learning sessions for SMEs…to major show-stoppers at London Olympia.