Future, Editor / Staff Writer - Buying Advice | Mobile & Broadband
Job Summary & Purpose
Are you the person friends and family go to when they're looking to buy a new mobile phone? Do you know what to buy and which networks to consider? Can you spot a bargainous broadband or SIM only deal when you see one and write clean, helpful copy explaining why they're your top recommendations? Can you zero in on a top tech purchase from a hundred yards?
Future's TechRadar and T3 websites, with a combined audience of 35 million readers per month, pride themselves on guiding their readers to the best deals on the most in demand tech and services. And that's where you come in.
As our Buying Advice Editor (or Staff Writer, DOE) you'll be pointing our readers in the direction of the cheapest contracts for the latest iPhone and Android smartphones, writing stories about the latest broadband promotions and offers and being first to the scoop when the big bargains drop on Black Friday, Amazon Prime Day and during big iPhone launches. And it doesn't stop with hardware - you'll be writing about everything from antivirus software to live streaming the latest big TV series and sports events, too.
Writing specifically for our online audience and arming yourself with our world class price comparison tools, you'll need to develop a strong grasp of SEO, a creative and concise way with words and the ability to work quickly and accurately to create the killer content our readers have become accustomed to.
If this sounds like you, click 'Apply' below and let us know why you're the perfect candidate!
Key role responsibilities
- Managing key verticals and devising content strategies for long term success of the brand
- Commissioning, managing and writing some of the site's most important eCommerce content including buying guides and news stories
- Ensuring that all content has an audience strategy at its heart
- Unearthing and exploring new opportunities for content initiatives based on seasonal patterns, new trends, keyword research or eCommerce opportunities.
- Liaising and harmonising with other teams in the business whether that be audience development, affiliates or content hubs
Future's eCommerce department is at the forefront of content, technology and user experience improvements within the company. A team of audience champions we make it our business to deliver the most seamless and natural user journey for our audience,
We're leading the way in commerce driven content, finding new ways to help our audiences find the best products at the best prices, Last year we drove £150m of retail sales via our sites , across wide ranging categories such as tech hardware, phone contracts,, homeware, fashion and computer software.
We constantly seek to evolve our proprietary eCommerce software Hawk, our eCommerce content and the relationships that we have with our retailers. We are a dynamic and data driven (some would say data obsessed) and are proud to be leading not just eCommerce within Future but setting the standard for the publishing industry.
You'll be working across all our brands, but most of your time will be spent on TechRadar. TechRadar is one of the top technology brands globally, offering authoritative, unique and independent advice to our readers. TechRadar has seen significant growth over the last decade, becoming the No.1 Tech site in the UK, and now has its sights set on becoming No.1 Globally, something you can help achieve.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven ability to write high quality engaging content
- An existing understanding of SEO best practises and the ability to quickly develop these skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with a 'right first time' approach to your writing
- Ability to use Google Analytics to report on and inform content strategies
- Knowledge and experience of content management systems
- Ability to work as part of a wider team
- Able to interpret and use audience behavioural data to inform content strategy.
- Excellent communication skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- An interest and expertise in technology and gadgets, including knowledge around the mobile phone and broadband market in the UK.
Click 'Apply' now.