Future, Editor / Staff Writer - Buying Advice | Tech
Job Summary & Purpose
We're looking for a skilled and driven digital editor or staff writer with an interest in tech and a talent for offering clean and clear buying advice to join our team in either London or Bath.
40 million people read TechRadar, T3 and What HiFi each month, and 250,000 of those people trust the buying advice we give so much that they click through and buy a product we've recommended. As the newest member of our buying advice team, you'll work closely with all three sites to guide these readers to the best products and the best prices.
You'll need to be able to write accurately and compellingly to give accurate, salient and empathetic buying advice. You'll need to be able to tell the good products from the bad apples, with a keen sense of smell for the best prices, deals and promotions.
Day to day you'll use our world class price comparison tools to guide readers to the best prices, writing regular news stories and comprehensive buying guides while you keep your finger on the pulse of the latest releases.
You will need fantastic organisational and time-management skills, and a demonstrable talent for writing clean, quality content. You will need to develop razor sharp SEO skills to ensure your content reaches its intended audience, as well as the ability to adapt quickly while working in a fast paced and ambitious environment.
If this sounds like you, click 'Apply' below and let us know why you're a great candidate for the job!
Key role responsibilities
- Managing key verticals and devising content strategies for long term success of the brand
- Commissioning, managing and writing some of the site's most important eCommerce content including buying guides and news stories
- Ensuring that all content has an audience strategy at its heart
- Unearthing and exploring new opportunities for content initiatives based on seasonal patterns, new trends, keyword research or eCommerce opportunities.
- Liaising and harmonising with other teams in the business whether that be audience development, affiliates or content hubs
Future's eCommerce department is at the forefront of content, technology and user experience improvements within the company. A team of audience champions we make it our business to deliver the most seamless and natural user journey for our audience,
We're leading the way in commerce driven content, finding new ways to help our audiences find the best products at the best prices, Last year we drove £150m of retail sales via our sites , across wide ranging categories such as tech hardware, phone contracts,, homeware, fashion and computer software.
We constantly seek to evolve our proprietary eCommerce software Hawk, our eCommerce content and the relationships that we have with our retailers. We are a dynamic and data driven (some would say data obsessed) and are proud to be leading not just eCommerce within Future but setting the standard for the publishing industry.
You'll be working across all our brands, but most of your time will be spent on TechRadar. TechRadar is one of the top technology brands globally, offering authoritative, unique and independent advice to our readers. TechRadar has seen significant growth over the last decade, becoming the No.1 Tech site in the UK, and now has its sights set on becoming No.1 Globally, something you can help achieve.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven ability to write high quality engaging content
- An existing understanding of SEO best practises and the ability to quickly develop these skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with a 'right first time' approach to your writing
- Ability to use Google Analytics to report on and inform content strategies
- Knowledge and experience of content management systems
- Ability to work as part of a wider team
- Able to interpret and use audience behavioural data to inform content strategy.
- Excellent communication skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- An interest and expertise in technology and gadgets, including knowledge around the mobile phone and broadband market in the UK.
Click 'Apply' now.