We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Editor to join a global consumer, lifestyle, magazine in Central London on a 1-year maternity cover contract. If you have a solid editorial or writing background and a real interest in sports and music please do get in touch.
- Creating, commissioning and delivering stories, and editorial know-how, according to house style; in both print and digital form
- working closely with and supporting the UK editor
- Working across departments with colleagues on the art, photo and subs desks in both the London and international offices.
- Researching and pitching stories
- Understanding the UK print and digital magazine market
- Cultivating strong relationships with, UK and international, colleagues and external contributors.
Experience / skills required:
- A solid editorial or writing background in a professional media organisation
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Strong experience in generating print or digital ideas, and copy, for magazines in a wide range of subject matters
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the UK consumer publishing market, print and online.
- A complete understanding of the editorial process, and experience working with a variety of editorial staff and departments
- Strong influential and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge and genuine interest for actions sports, music and culture content
- German language skills advantageous
- NCTJ a bonus
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Charlotte Tope
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion but we will keep your CV on file for any future relevant opportunities.