Gas Strategies, Staff Writer - Investigative Features
Gas Strategies Information Services is looking for an experienced and talented features writer who takes pride in producing distinctive, clear stories and gets a kick out of exploring complex industry concepts and challenging prevailing mindsets.
As part of our team of senior journalists, you will work closely with the Features Editors of Gas Matters and LNG Business Review and receive support from Gas Strategies’ network of industry consultants, digging deep into macroeconomics, politics, regulation and technology.
You will help shape critical thinking about the energy industry in the shape of essential features that cover the dynamic and ever-changing natural gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG) sector, as well as interviews with industry decision makers.
As our Staff Writer you will require the following:
- Proven investigative and analytical writing experience of industry (not necessarily energy-related) stories and features that communicate insight, opinion and a ‘so what?’ evaluation of their subject
- Curiosity about commercial drivers of industry, allowing in-depth analysis of key issues
- Pride in delivering clear copy, a creative journalistic approach with high editorial standards
- A passion for identifying key trends and themes that shape the market today and tomorrow
- Excellent networking skills, an appetite for collaboration and building solid relationships with colleagues and industry players
Successful applicants will most likely:
- Hold NCTJ accreditation, an equivalent qualification in journalism or sufficient proven experience of writing to our standard
- Be able to demonstrate the impact they will have on our Information Services products
If this opportunity appeals to you, please complete the form below to send your application to the HR manager with your CV and covering letter that describes your talents and the contribution you can offer. We very much appreciate honesty and a positive, creative and can-do attitude.