Press Association, Assistant Online Editor - Real Life Features
Are you passionate about ordinary people’s extraordinary stories?
Are you incredibly curious about other people’s lives? And are you keen to investigate everything from love rats, to triumph over tragedy; brutal crime to side-splitting humour; embarrassing bodies to shocking health conditions; extreme plastic surgery to action-packed drama?
If you have spent a minimum of a year as a news reporter or real life stories writer at a paper or news agency, but are now itching to source all your own real life exclusives, this could be the job for you.
Tight-knit and dynamic, PA Real Life Features have built a formidable reputation for supplying exclusive stories to online and print newspapers, magazines, TV and documentaries here and abroad.
We are looking for a self-starter, with an insatiable appetite for finding and telling the very best real life stories to join our team as Assistant Online Editor, on one of the most exciting desks at The Press Association – the prestigious UK news agency.
- Fascinated by the incredible real-life stories of ordinary people and fearless when it comes to finding them?
- Confident that you can seek-out, sign up, interview and write outstanding exclusives?
- A complete self-starter, currently working as a news reporter or real life stories writer, with a minimum of a year’s experience at a newspaper or agency?
- Looking to progress your career and make a name in one of the fastest-paced, most innovative and exciting news organisations in the country?
Do you have…
- A great eye for a story, drive, enthusiasm, superb interviewing skills and the patience, courage and charisma to speak to people about any subject?
- Great empathy and a particular knack for knowing which real life stories will capture the imagination of online readers?
- Ambition to make your name as a real life stories specialist and the talent to achieve this?
- A solid journalistic training, sound legal knowledge and great written ability?
What we can offer you…
- A fantastic opportunity to join one of the most exciting departments at The Press Association
- A brilliant and supportive team, where the right person will thrive.
- Excellent support from experienced team members.
- A superb opportunity to produce stand-out journalism for national and international news organisations and get your name widely known.
- The chance to learn new skills and to work at the heart of a thriving and ever-changing London-based news and media organisation
If you see yourself in what you have read, this could be the job for you.
How to apply or find out more?
Apply to Fran Bowden with a CV by completing the application form below by Friday 5 October.