Nursing in Practice, Senior Reporter
Nursing in Practice is looking for an experienced journalist to take a role shaping the news and feature content for its market-leading magazine and website.
The reporter will be expected to produce top-quality news stories, news-led features and interviews, covering political news that engages the magazines’ target audiences of practice nurses. They will also be expected to commission some articles from experts in the sector.
They will work collaboratively in a small team, and also be part of a friendly, stimulating editorial environment at the magazines which are part of a bigger group of healthcare publications.
The role is ideal for an experienced journalist looking to make a step up and begin a career towards becoming an editor, or someone with commissioning experience who wants to further their career with greater responsibility.
The successful candidate will have a journalism qualification and some demonstrable experience of writing news. Previous roles within health journalism, and a record of having commissioned and edited features, are desirable.
- Making contacts, sourcing stories, writing news and feature articles for Nursing in Practice
- Organise interviews with key figures within healthcare, relevant for our audience of primary care nurses
- Plan and write cover-worthy features and analyses for our bi-monthly magazine
- Commission content for both online and print
- Edit copy to ensure it follows house style and is delivered to the required standard
- Work with the Editor to manage the online output and presence of the Nursing in Practice brand, including creating new ideas for online content and assisting with social media
- Help with proofing print pages during each magazine cycle, maintaining style from online to print
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter, outlining your salary expectations, to David Swan by completing the application form below.