Telegraph Media Group, Deputy Head of Social Media
The Deputy Head of Social Media is a key player in the Telegraph’s social media team. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to build and shape the social media strategy of the best quality publisher in the country.
You’ll work across the newsroom with all editorial channels, creating new concepts to promote The Telegraph's fantastic journalism.
Working with top journalists, video producers and design teams, you'll bring the words we write to life through social media. You’ll lead the way in working out how to tell the best stories - whether that’s through social video scripts, Instagram stories or the next big social network.
- Work with the Head of Social Media to devise the Telegraph's social media strategy as a means of promoting, supporting, developing and maximising the impact of its editorial content - driving registrations and subscriptions, and growing reach and influence.
- Help develop and implement strategies for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat and any other emerging platforms.
- Work with our other visual storytelling teams to create unique, original content that will drive engagement on social media.
- Find innovative ways of creating and presenting native social content.
Continuously monitor and research social media trends and emerging platforms, tools and channels.
- Manage the individuals responsible for running the main social media accounts, ensuring day-to-day postings are on-brand and optimised.
- Work with Analytics to help inform social media strategy.
- Support desks and reporters in growing their own social media communities in line with editorial strategy.
Essential skills required for the role
- Extensive experience of social media, particularly of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Snapchat.
- Extensive experience of driving community and engagement through social media - and understanding of what engagement metrics are of importance to a quality publisher.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Excellent understanding of what constitutes quality digital publishing in a busy editorial environment.
- Drive to work hard and push the boundaries in a rapidly changing industry.
- Experience of different digital storytelling methods as applied to social media - particularly video.
Additional skills useful for the role
- Experience in content strategy and planning, and the ability to coordinate plans across a large newsroom.
- Skilled in extracting insight from analytics tools, and the ability to make decisions about social media activities based on analytics when appropriate.
Click 'Apply' now.