Global Trade Review (GTR), Senior Reporter
Global Trade Review (GTR), a print and online publication covering the world’s trade finance markets, is looking for a senior reporter to join its small but dedicated team of journalists around the world.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two to three years of reporting experience (preferably covering banking, international trade and/or finance). Focusing specifically on Europe and the Americas, this reporter will write exclusive online news stories, contribute long-form features for magazines and annual supplements and edit colleagues’ work.
The job is London-based, with the likelihood of some international travel.
This position requires thoroughness and creativity: GTR’s editorial team is expected to work quickly to turn over accurate and original news stories, as well as insightful features. Excellent proofreading skills are essential. Video and podcast work will be required.
You will be expected to network and build extensive contacts within the trade finance industry, conduct daily interviews over the phone or in person and represent the publication at industry and media events every week. In time you will be given the opportunity to chair meetings of industry professionals, both on and off stage.
You will report to the editorial director of the magazine.
GTR is a global publishing and events company, which also produces trade finance events across the globe.
- Source and write original news stories each week, conducting exclusive interviews with senior industry figures
- Edit inhouse colleagues’ news stories each week
- Write, commission and edit longer feature stories for the quarterly magazine and annual supplements
- Film and edit short videos and podcasts for the GTR website
- Co-manage GTR’s social media activity
- Co-manage administrative duties, such as uploading content to the website and assisting with the production of the magazine
- Represent GTR at events in London and further afield
- Liaise with GTR’s sales and conference production teams
What we are looking for:
- Someone with experience reporting on banking, finance or international trade
- Excellent organisational skills and time management and the ability to work autonomously
- International travel
- Summer working hours
- Pension; cycle to work scheme
- A fantastic opportunity to be a key figure in the trade finance industry.
How to apply
If this sounds like the job for you, please send a CV and cover letter, along with some examples of your published work, to Shannon Manders, editorial director by completing the application form below. Preference given to early applications.