HuffPost UK, Deputy Political Editor
HuffPost is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, video, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged global community for opinion and conversation. The site launched its first international edition in May 2011.
- Delivering exclusive stories and news features, particularly on Brexit
- Producing daily newslists
- Producing a weekly Brexit Briefing email
- Deputising for the Political Editor in their absence.
- Attending lobby briefings
- Developing contacts across the political spectrum, but in particular with Conservative MPs and advisors.
- A self-starter, with a genuine hunger for political news and ability to drill down into detail and data.
- Analysing complex reports and policies and producing simplified explainers
- Attention to detail, the ability to work in a fast-paced, hectic, and energetic environment.
- Naturally organised with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks at the same time.
- Able to spot a news story, the best way to sell it and original angles.
- A team player who can support the political editor to lead a small team
- An influencer who has strong collaborative skills to work with news editors and other colleagues
- Highly desirable: Shorthand (100wpm)
Click 'Apply' now.
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment.