Metro.co.uk, Entertainment Reporter
Metro.co.uk delivers news, features, sport, opinion, and shareable content to a fast-growing global audience and we are looking for a talented entertainment reporter and feature writer to join the London team.
Ideal candidates will have experience in creating original content in a variety of forms, including interviews, videos and features. They will have a passion for all things TV and showbiz but also be able to cover a wide range of topics.
You will have a talent for finding the strongest angles on the best stories and be confident in pitching your ideas to the entertainment editor.
You will also be confident in leading a team and pursuing original angles for stories.
You should be passionate about online and have a distinctive, engaging and lively writing style. We’re not afraid of character here.
- Working with the entertainment editor, social, SEO team as well as the picture and video desk to create bold, engaging and timely content
- Spotting great stories and have a passion to cover them before competitors
- Be confident in using contacts to create exciting exclusives
- Writing the best and most engaging entertainment content, using a variety of formats
- Creating original stories as well as making sure trending stories are covered in an innovative and imaginative way
- At least a years' experience reporting on entertainment for a media outlet
- Understanding of the UK Editors’ Code of Practice, media and copyright law
- Excellent attention to detail
- Keen interest in bloggers and community groups
- Being able to conduct interviews across a variety of platforms (from written to FB Lives) is a bonus
Apply by completing the application form below.