National Geographic Kids, Digital Content Producer
An exciting opportunity for a talented editorial professional with digital, social media and video skills to join this award-winning children’s brand.
We need an expert with prior experience in the kids or family editorial space who is used to a diverse role across web-based editorial, social media and video production to help us run a new family-based project.
Reporting to the Digital Editor, you will be required to:
- Manage and maintain the project website.
- Research, write and manage features, news stories and general digital content.
- Devise a content strategy taking into consideration trends, search metrics, analytics data, reader research and country preferences.
- Work with developers to maintain and improve the project website.
- Work across specific project activities and assist on other projects across the National Geographic Kids’ websites.
- Devise a social media strategy and manage project channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, driving awareness and traffic to the project website.
- In partnership with either external agencies or individually, create, produce and edit videos related to the project.
- Act as a main point of contact for website queries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Build partnerships with external organisations, which will raise the profile of the website and brand.
Desired skills and experience
- An interest in the National Geographic brand and its subject matter is essential and all applicants must have previous experience of web-based editorial, managing social media channels and video production.
- A background in kids and family media would be preferred but applicants could be accepted without it.
- You should be an excellent writer and strong team player who is willing to get stuck in across many areas with enthusiasm and interest.
- Organisation skills and the ability to multitask are a must.
- You must have an excellent understanding of SEO and be comfortable using keyword research tools and Google Analytics to inform your content strategy.
- You must also be able to demonstrate the ability to write in National Geographic Kids’ style and tone and have an eagle eye for spotting typos.
- Basic knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop is also essential, as is CMS experience, preferably WordPress but not essential.
To apply, please send your CV, a covering letter and some recent examples of your published work to the Digital Editor, Gemma Chandler by completing the application form below.
With 20 local editions around the world and a global circulation of more than 1.7 million, National Geographic Kids is the world’s biggest-selling monthly children’s magazine.
Creature Media publishes the print editions of National Geographic Kids in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, together with an associated website in each country.
Our website, natgeokids.com, has recently relaunched and has since grown to reach 450,000 unique users and over one million page impressions each month. Our readers are boys and girls aged seven to 13.