S&P Global Market Intelligence, Reporter - Asia-Pacific Banks & Financial Services (Hong Kong)
5 days left
- Full Time
The Asia Financial Institutions Group (AFIG) news team comprises roughly 20 journalists and editors in Hong Kong, Singapore, India, Pakistan and Manila, producing coverage of not only banks, but also insurance and other financial services. The team is part of the larger FIG team, encompassing the Americas and EMEA.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is one of four divisions within S&P Global Inc., alongside S&P Global Ratings, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts.
Our real-time, subscription-based global news service reaches an influential readership, including investment bankers, credit risk analysts, buy- and sell-side teams, and regulators. The news we provide is a critical part of S&P Global Market Intelligence's highly valued product offering.
What’s in it for you:
This is a senior role, reporting to the head of AFIG News. This is an ideal opportunity for a business reporter looking to expand his/her horizons through global collaboration and editorial leadership development.
In the spirit of continuous learning, the newsroom also offers extensive training and other development support, such as a mentorship program, and encourage career path leveraging S&P Global Market Intelligence and other parts of S&P Global.
The role has a regional focus, with a particular focus on Southeast Asia, India and/or Australia, working alongside, and helping if needed, other reporters covering China and Japan.
- Provide timely, insightful articles in English to tight daily and weekly deadlines
- Covering news by incorporating in-depth interviews, news from conference beat and analytical insight
What we’re looking for:
- A strong track record writing about business, preferably financial services, in clear, authoritative English
- In-depth knowledge of Asia-Pacific banks/financial services and of Asia's financial regulatory frameworks are desirable, but not essential
- An impressive book of contacts among buy/sell-side analysts and high-level industry commentators in Asia
- A passion for telling data driven stories and a commitment to work with in-house and external market intelligence data and graphics
- Fluency in spoken and written English necessary. Knowledge of a major Asian language highly desirable
Click 'Apply' now.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.