S&P Global Market Intelligence, Reporter - Japan Banks & Asia Financial Institutions (Hong Kong)
The digital newsroom of S&P Global Market Intelligence, a division of S&P Global Inc., is seeking a Japan-focused Reporter for our Asia Financial Institutions Group.
The Asia Financial Institutions Group (FIG) news team comprises roughly 20 reporters, editors and writers in Hong Kong, Singapore, India, Pakistan and Manila, producing coverage of not only banks, but also insurance and other financial services. The team is part of the larger FIG team, encompassing the Americas and EMEA.
The Career Opportunity:
We require a journalist with an understanding of banks and the financial markets in Japan complementing our existing news coverage across written by in-house reporters in key global locations, including Hong Kong.
Our subscription-based news service reaches a discerning readership, including investment bankers, credit risk analysts, buy- and sell-side teams, and regulators around the globe. The news we provide is a pivotal part of S&P Global Market Intelligence's product offering as a data intelligence provider.
What’s In It For You:
Our newsroom offers opportunities for global collaboration as we expand our reporting coverage, editorial leadership development and advancement as a business journalist within S&P Global Market Intelligence and other parts of S&P Global. In the spirit of continuous learning, the newsroom also offers extensive training and other development support, such as a mentorship program.
- Provide our readership with timely, insightful articles in English to tight daily and weekly deadlines
- Your coverage will incorporate in-depth interviews, news from the conference beat, and analytical insight showcasing our rich portfolio of market, regulatory and corporate data
- Shaping the S&P Global daily English-language coverage and conveying story lines using the full range of our formats, from breaking news to feature-length reportage to shorter 'spot' news gleaned from regulatory filings and other sources in Japanese
What We’re Looking For:
- Extensive experience and a strong track record writing about the financial services and banking sector in clear, authoritative English.
- A strong knowledge of Japanese banks/financial services and of Asian financial regulatory frameworks.
- An impressive book of contacts among banking analysts and high-level industry commentators in Asia, particularly in Japan
- A passion for telling data driven stories and a commitment to work with in-house and external market intelligence data and graphics to enhance our coverage, requiring collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Fluency in spoken and written English necessary. (Knowledge of Japanese or another major Asian language is highly desirable)
Click 'Apply' now.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
To all recruitment agencies; S&P does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.