CBRE, PR & Communications Manager
The role of the PR & Communications Manager is to create, manage and execute media and communications strategy supporting specific PR and external communications requirements of CBRE’s Europe, Middle East and Africa operations including the UK market.
Working with the Head of Communications and senior stakeholders this role will support the need for targeted media relationships in order to promote and safeguard reputation. Excellent communication, writing skills and stakeholder management skills are essential.
CBRE’s go-to-market strategy is to continue to develop an issues/solutions-led approach, as the firm seeks to provide its clients with insight around major issues affecting their businesses and the support to solve them.
Communication plays a crucial role in this by instigating and managing communication strategies to deliver messaging around key issues, through to developing relevant and timely content for relationship building in the boardroom that results in generating profitable and sustainable revenue.
For CBRE to be the pre-eminent, vertically integrated global commercial real estate services and investment firm serving their clients with market-leading collaboration.
- Devise and deliver strategic external communications plans in support of identified priority service lines and areas of business focus
- Deepen media relationships with target trade, consumer, national and broadcast media
- Deliver innovative campaigns to support the positioning of the senior leadership team as key spokespeople and thought leaders in the sector
- Work closely with the research team to shape and deliver a powerful thought leadership programme and ensure consistent and comprehensive communications around all research output
- Write and manage all relevant content including press releases, articles and blogs for print and digital platforms
- Act as key contact point for all PR enquiries relating to assigned areas of business focus
- Support in-house teams (Marketing and Client Care) on delivery of client Marketing strategies through the provision of specific advice on PR and communications
- Manage and monitor communications across digital platforms
- Monitor and produce coverage metrics against agreed KPIs
Accountability and Team
- Reporting to the Head of Communications / Director of External Communications and working closely with the wider marketing team in the UK and key international markets as appropriate
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Extensive and established media relationships and proven ability to influence the media agenda
- Strong strategic and tactical skills; ability to spot opportunities and engage directly with media
- First class communicator with plenty of self-initiative and proven copy writing skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects while remaining flexible and agile
- Ability to work under pressure with grace and a sense of humour
- Experienced in communicating across social and digital platforms
- Committed to the improvement of diversity throughout the workforce
Qualifications and experience
- Proven PR experience in property, financial or professional services gained in-house or agency
- International PR experience preferred
- Degree educated or equivalent
Apply by completing the application form below.
CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe. We have over 70,000 employees worldwide, with almost 2,000 of those in the UK alone
The company’s core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management, investment management and, research and consulting. In Central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.