CGTN, Business Copy Editor
CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its English channel, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN’s aim is to provide objective, balanced, and impartial news and current affairs content, reporting the news from a Chinese perspective. We aim to differentiate ourselves from leading Western media organization by pursuing a larger international vision; focusing on nations, regions, and stories often ignored by western media.
We are shortly opening up a London office at Chiswick Park to house a well-staffed, digital and television hub producing news, online, and other content to feed into our global English language platforms.
We are now seeking a Copy Editor to join the new team in London.
A successful candidate will:
- Build and refine compelling English-language content suitable for broadcast in CGTN Europe’s news, business and feature programming produced in London.
- Review written content for accuracy, style, balance, conformity and source.
- Advise editorial leaders, producers and writers on editorial, grammar, style and news language issues to maintain the creative vision and integrity of CGTN.
- Demonstrate experience as an accomplished writer who thinks in visuals.
- Be able to work irregular hours and an extended schedule as the news cycle demands.
With previous journalism experience in a communicative related field, you will have proven editing skills, preferably with an international broadcaster.
You will also have:
- Knowledge of current events, geopolitics and international relations, especially Europe & Asia.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding 24-hour news environment.
- Proficiency with desk-top editing software a plus.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please apply by completing the application form below.