iwoca, German PR Manager (London)
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £500 million to over 20,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun & vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
As PR & Communications Manager, you’ll be responsible for making iwoca famous among German small businesses and the fintech industry by building and implementing a successful PR strategy.
This role provides a huge growth opportunity for the right candidate: played right this role could transform the reach iwoca has in Germany and have a big impact on the development of its 3 million SMEs. We are trailblazing so you’ll need to be confident, proactive and ambitious. You will mainly work from our London office and frequently travel to Germany.
You will be:
- Developing a smart PR strategy to position iwoca as the leading non bank provider or small business finance among potential customers and investors.
- Crafting a story for each audience, leveraging data as appropriate.
- Writing sharp content (e.g. opinion pieces) that journalists will find interesting and engaging.
- Building and nurturing relationships with relevant journalists, and pitching iwoca’s narrative to them.
- Setting clear KPIs to measure PR performance against.
You will need:
- 3-7 years of relevant agency or in-house PR experience (4+ years preferred).
- An excellent understanding of how the German press works and what makes journalists tick. Specific knowledge of local trade & financial press preferred. You will have a network of journalists and specialists, who have ideally published prior work of yours.
- Being familiar with the fintech / banking / alternative financing space and its players would be very helpful
- Perfect written German and a passion for crafting crisp, clear stories. You should be comfortable working in finance and using stats to support your argument.
- Great communication skills (in English as well as German) and the enthusiasm to sell our story to a sceptical pool of journalists.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London - we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance
Click 'Apply' now.