Real Business & Business Advice, Social Media Reporter
RealBusiness.co.uk & BusinessAdvice.co.uk are the UK’s most read business content brands for small and medium businesses.
We have a diverse team of talented and experienced business journalists who publish the best coverage of features and entrepreneurial stories and we’re now looking for an experienced social media journalist to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be someone with a real passion for digital storytelling, and an interest in entrepreneurship and the business world.
You’ll be a key player in the newsroom and will come armed with creative ideas and a can-do attitude.
We’re currently restructuring and rebranding Real Business and Business Advice, so this is a really exciting time to join our team.
Key responsibilities of this role
- Content calendar creation, scheduling and posting across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and other networks
- Drive social users to the websites through a strong social media strategy
- Help develop and deliver campaign strategies in line with our brand objectives - coordinating internal and external contributors / partners
- Edit and publish high-quality written content for our growing social base, ensuring it is powerful, engaging and accurate
- Work with the team to curate, create, edit and publish video and graphics content
- Ability to react in real-time to UK business news and ‘on trend’ moments
- Compile weekly / monthly monitoring reports on engagement and community content
Experience and qualities we’re looking for
- 2-4 years social media management experience with a proven track record of growing social channels
- Quick, creative and brilliant at writing copy for various social media audiences
- Knowledge and experience using the best tools in the business (as well as keeping up with industry trends and content consumption behaviour)
- Excellent communication skills and a can-do entrepreneurial attitude
- Know how to use data to tell the most compelling stories
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop their role and skillset.
You will be working in an entrepreneurial environment alongside creative writers and digital natives. Constant learning is a core part of our culture and we expect you to develop quickly.
Does this sound like you?
About Real Business and Business Advice
Launched in 1996 as a monthly print magazine by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs, Real Business is a digital publication that tells the truth about SME life. We are one of the most-read business sites in the UK, reaching around 240,000 monthly users, most of whom are entrepreneurs at the helm of growing businesses with 10-500 employees.
Business Advice was launched in 2015 as an off-shoot to Real Business to address a specific audience of sole traders and micro businesses. We reach around 70,000 monthly users, most of whom are entrepreneurs running businesses with fewer than 10 employees.
Our readers want creative, inspiring business content and practical tips to help them start, run and grow their businesses.
We produce news features that provide incisive industry-specific insight, expert advice from the business world, inspirational interview-based profiles of micro business owners in the UK today.
About Caspian Media
Real Business and Business Advice are part of Caspian Media, which specialises in digital and print B2B content creation, business event production and management, and advertising sales.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter by completing the application form below, including your salary expectation and potential start date.