VesselsValue, Communications Manager
“I never thought I’d work for an online valuation company, but this place is AWESOME”
(says EVERYONE who works at VesselsValue)
We are looking for a passionate Communications Manager to join our dynamic PR team based in our London (Hammersmith, W14) headquarters.
The role will be to manage the communications and relationships with the global press, becoming the spokesperson and main point of contact inside and outside, for all things PR.
A little bit about us
VesselsValue is a dynamic and innovative cloud-based tech company operating in the Shipping, Offshore and Superyacht sectors. We have over 1,000 users worldwide, including leading banks, shipowners, lawyers and more. Launched in 2011 with 3 people, VV now employs over 150 people across our 7 offices in London, Singapore, South Korea, Manila, Xi’an, Isle of Wight and Stoke, and are rapidly expanding.
VV is looking for a data driven and motivated Communications professional to manage the press relations across VV’s portfolio of products. The role will focus on promoting VV to press and key online influencers to develop audience engagement and stakeholder buy in.
While fast paced, the job allows you to work with amazing journalists from all over the world, with the opportunity to travel to key logistics and financial countries such as USA, Norway, Germany, Greece, Singapore, China and UAE for press trips and networking events.
You will report directly into the Head of PR, with direct access to Directors, and have the opportunity to quickly grow in the company. You will be taking over a well established function at VV, with full support from our data teams, analysts and offices outside of the London Headquarters.
Since our inception, VV has allocated a huge amount of resources to the Press coverage, to great success. VV sees PR as a key part of the business and the ideal candidate should be an ambitious, outgoing and well-organized individual wishing to fast track their career, gain global experience and turn this role into their own.
- Draft, issue and sell in press releases, developing stories and pitch ideas to target media
- Work with key staff to prepare content for press
- Respond to media enquiries around VV data and infographics
- Manage regular communications, data feeds and content with established press contacts
- Expand and maintain the media contacts database
- Newsjack breaking news stories using VV data
Key skills required:
- Outgoing and excited to talk with journalists daily
- Preferred but not required Excel skills (V Look Ups, Pivot tables, charts and tables)
- Write fluently and concisely
- Excellent attention to detail
- Eligibility to join the company share scheme
- 23 days statutory holiday (increases with service) + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme (eligible after 3 years of service)
- Group life assurance (eligible after 2 years of service)
- Annual summer and Christmas parties
- Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter by clicking 'Apply' now.