Hearst Made, Workflow Director
Hearst Made is the content marketing agency division within Hearst. Its mission is to provide off platform content for brands that sit outside the Hearst portfolio of titles. Covering all forms of content, it works with brands to provide an ongoing conversation with their consumers leveraging the Hearst content expertise.
You will coordinate the workflow of Asda Good Living magazine in line with the critical path across all departments, ensuring deadlines are met and all parties are adhering to timelines and process.
You will manage the subbing of all pages of the magazine and the production schedule, managing and professionally developing two sub-editors and the day-to-day running of the subbing department.
- Ensuring Good Living meets all deadlines within the critical path liaising with external clients and internal editorial departments
- Creating an annual critical path and workflow schedule for the magazine, digital team as well as additional projects
- Managing the subbing of all pages of the magazine, and providing features with relevant heads, sells, captions and pull-out quotes
- Reading magazine proofs and making changes to ensure consistent tone of voice as well as accuracy
- Ensuring consistent tone of voice across the Good Living brand including online and social channels
- Assisting the Editor and Deputy Editor with front cover and other editorial decisions
- Taking responsibility for freelance Sub Editor CVs and finding freelancers for holiday cover
- Ensuring legal and nutritional details are accurate according to client guidelines
- Maintaining the system of workflow between departments, including print and digital
- Effectively managing and developing two sub-editors
- Ensuring the flatplan is kept up-to-date at all times
- Ensuring schedules are kept to by all members of the team, anticipating any hold-ups and providing solutions
- Running production of magazine to final sign-off with client
- Ensuring all digital requirements are captured on shoots
- Ensuring all CTAs are captured and communicated to the wider team
- Experience of instilling high production values across print magazine
- Proven originality and skill in headlines and copy
- Proven management and leadership skills
- First-class command of the English language
- Results driven
- Organised and meticulous with strong time management skills
- Ability to manage tasks to a tight deadline
- Proven consistency of accuracy and high-quality copy
- The conviction to implement new ways of working and effectively communicate these with the team
- Proficient in In Design. Knowledge of Censhare is a bonus.
Click 'Apply' now.