Unquote, a division of Acuris, is looking for a Reporter to join its thriving team based in the City, London.
Unquote has been covering the European private equity industry for over 20 years and is widely regarded as the number one source of factual deal information, as well as in-depth analysis of the market’s hot topics.
The ideal candidate should have an interest in financial services and an ability to communicate at all levels of the industry in order to source proprietary information for our audience.
The role will be focused on the German-speaking region of Europe, so reading/speaking German to a business level will be a strong advantage. We are looking for a confident, competent and ambitious graduate that is equally capable of working as part of a small and dynamic team and taking on extra responsibility.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the Job:
- Carry out detailed research into the European venture capital and private equity market by direct contact via the telephone, internet and meetings, with a focus on the DACH (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) regions
- Help maintain up-to-date website by providing daily deal updates and in-depth market coverage
- To write analysis pieces and interviews for the website when requested
- To write well researched, accurate copy in ‘house style’
- Be an active member of the Unquote team, initiating and assisting in the development of new product ideas
- To monitor competition publications and web sites
- To represent the brand at press conferences and industry and magazine events, both during and outside normal working hours
- Provide support to other members of the editorial and data teams on other published products, one-off consultancy products and custom research
- To be punctual, organised and professional in all aspects of the work
- To carry out additional tasks as and when requested
- Interest in financial and business sectors; good working knowledge of computers and the internet
- Writing and journalistic skills – ability to produce factual, accurate and engaging copy to a high-quality standard and in accordance with the Unquote house style and guidelines
- Research skills – ability to extract data directly from investment executives and from published, on-line and other external sources
- Interpersonal skills – ability to be confident on the telephone, in meetings and at conferences
- Languages – fluent written/spoken English, reading/speaking German to a business level will be a strong advantage
- Strong intellect – to learn quickly the technical side of private equity and venture capital deals, funds etc; to understand and serve the information needs of industry players
- Completer/finisher – high level of organisational ability; detail-orientated
- Enthusiasm – motivation to take ownership of specific areas within the editorial team
- Responsible/reliable – able to act as an ambassador for the company and its products, maintaining high levels of integrity
- Flexibility – to cope in a fast-growing, ever-changing environment, which could mean having to adapt quickly to a new role
- Team player – inclined towards group objectives, to work cross-functionally, and train and coach new people as the business grows
If you are interested in this position, please click 'Apply'. Please ensure your CV and cover letter are attached.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely on our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 600 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.